Following are some interesting facts about Detroit and its commercial real estate market…
- Detroit is the largest city in Michigan and a major port city on the Detroit River. Its name originates from the French word détroit, for strait, in reference to its location on the river connecting the Great Lakes.
- Because Detroit is located north of Windsor Ontario, it is the only city in the US where Canada can be viewed by looking to the south.
- Detroit is the center of the automotive industry and is also known as the home of one of America’s music legacies. These facts resulted in its nicknames, the Motor City and Motown.
- In 2007 the first construction began on the Detroit River Walk with miles of parks and fountains. Along the river developers are constructing upscale condominiums such as Watermark Detroit. This new urban development is a major part of the plan to enhance the economy through tourism.
- Detroit and its surrounding area make up a major industrial area, most notably as home to the big 3 auto manufacturers: Ford, General Motors and Chrysler. The city is an important center for global trade with large international law firms having their headquarters in both Detroit and Windsor.
- The City of Detroit has a rich musical heritage. It hosts several major music events every year, including the Detroit International Jazz Festival, the Detroit Electronic Music Festival, and the Motor City Music Conference.
About the Principal:
Lynn Drake’s status is well known in the industry: She’s the commercial realtor focused on maintaining “true north” for her corporate clients. It’s a reputation built on twenty years of commercial real estate experience and expertise in corporate and institutional workplace design, planning, and project implementation.
Lynn became a commercial realtor in 2001 after 15 years in corporate real estate during which she initially managed and leased industrial real estate across North America for Central Transport, then directed real estate and facilities for 1,000 Kelly Services branches in the United States and Canada. Thus far in her career, Lynn has successfully completed over 2,000 real estate transactions ranging from small business tenant leases to the sale and purchase of industrial complexes.
Lynn has been a strong supporter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and served as a City of Troy Planning Commissioner. She was featured on Florine Mark’s “Remarkable Women” show, and received Crain’s Detroit Business 2007 Real Estate Excellence Award. Lynn Drake joined ITRA in 2010 and currently serves on the Global Locations Committee.
Lynn has a Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting) from Oakland University. She also has a Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR).
For more information, contact:
Compass Commercial, LLC
Phone: +1 (248) 817-5400