Following are some interesting facts about Dallas and its commercial real estate market…
- Dallas, with a population of 1.3 million is the third-largest city in Texas and the eighth-largest in the United States.
- The DFW Metroplex has a population of 6.3 million, the fourth-largest metro area in the U.S.
- Dallas has numerous local newspapers, magazines, television stations and radio stations that serve the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex as a whole, which is the 5th largest media market in the United States.
- The most notable event held in Dallas is the State Fair of Texas, which has been held annually at Fair Park since 1886.
- The city of Dallas has 17 Fortune 500 companies, the 3rd most in the United States, while DFW as a whole has 44.
- The Dallas Arts District, measuring well over 60 acres and covering a 17-block area, is the largest in the country.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is one of the largest and busiest airports in the world.
About the Principal:
Lissa Cooke, founder of Cooke, Swaney & Cooke, has twenty-one years of commercial real estate experience. She has twice been recognized by the Dallas Business Journal as one of the Top Heavy Hitters in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex two years in a row (1999, 2000).
Lissa’s prior experience includes Office Asset Manager of a portfolio of over 800,000 square feet for Axiom Real Estate (division of Grubb & Ellis Company). Lissa also previously worked as Senior Managing Director for Newmark Real Estate & Company. Prior to joining Newmark, she was a commercial real estate broker specializing in Tenant Representation with The Staubach Company for four years where she earned their Top Achiever Award every year. Lissa’s background in both tenant and landlord representations provides her with valuable negotiating expertise due to a thorough understanding of both sides of a transaction.
She has earned both the Certified Property Manager (CPM) and Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designations, which are recognized nationally as two of the highest designations in the commercial real estate industry.
For more information, contact:
Cooke, Swaney & Cooke
Phone: +1 (214) 521-3772