Following are some interesting facts about Chicago and its commercial real estate market…
- The Chicago Metropolitan Area has a population of over 8.2 million and covers over 3,900 square miles.
- The Chicago Metropolitan Area excluding the city of Chicago has 235 million square feet of office space and 930 million square feet of industrial space.
- The city of Chicago office market encompasses 214 million square feet and the industrial market encompasses 220 million square feet.
- Chicago has the world’s largest commercial office building, Merchandise Mart, 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza.
- 9,600,000 people visit Chicago annually for business, conventions or trade shows. Over 14,000,000 visit the city annually for overnight leisure travel.
- Chicago is host to the world’s largest food festival, The Taste of Chicago, held in Grant Park during the 4th of July Holiday.
- Chicago produced the first Steel-frame skyscraper (1885), the first race car (1895), the first American Nobel prize winner (1907), and the first controlled atomic reaction.
About the Principal:
Brent Pollina works closely with corporations in order to ensure that they achieve and surpass all of their real estate goals. He actively represents corporations in all aspects of the company’s real estate transactions, including Site and Building Selection, Lease Negotiations, Incentive Negotiations, and Negotiating Development Agreements.
As a consultant, he assists clients nationally with strategic planning and all other forms of real estate consulting. His responsibilities include real estate financial analysis, such as lease vs. buy analysis, and sale/leasebacks. Mr. Pollina also conducts location analysis studies, which include analysis of all relevant location factors such as state and local taxation, labor availability, cost and reliability, transportation costs, and utility costs.
As part of the Pollina Corporate negotiating team, he is active in analyzing and negotiating state and local incentives on behalf of corporate clients. In addition to working for many corporate clients, Mr. Pollina has performed numerous economic development studies for various State, Regional and Local Economic Development groups as well as Chambers of Commerce and business organizations.
Mr. Pollina has spoken before numerous economic development groups as well as authored multiple articles on site selection and state and local incentives. His credits also include articles and interviews in publications such as Forbes, Site Selection, Corporate Real Estate Journal, and Area Development Magazine. His opinions on real estate have been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Business Week, Forbes, Chicago Tribune, and the New York Times. From 2004 to 2006 he contributed to the publication of the Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business States report and from 2008 on Mr. Pollina has been the primary author of the Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro Business States Report.
For more information, contact:
Pollina Corporate Real Estate, Inc.
Phone: +1 (847) 685-9000