Following are some interesting facts about Austin and its commercial real estate market…
- Austin is the capital of the U.S. state of Texas and the seat of Travis County.
- Located in Central Texas on the eastern edge of the American Southwest, Austin is the fourth-largest city in Texas and the 15th largest in the United States.
- Austin was the third-fastest-growing large city in the nation from 2000 to 2006.
- Austin was selected as the No. 2 Best Big City in “Best Places to Live” by Money magazine in 2006, and No. 3 in 2009, and was chosen as the “Greenest City in America” by MSN.
- As Austin’s official slogan is “The Live Music Capital of the World”, the city has a vibrant live music scene with more music venues per capita than any other U.S. city.
- Researchers at Central Connecticut State University ranked Austin the 16th most literate city in the United States for 2008.
- Austin has been the chosen location for a number of motion pictures, partly due to the influence of The University of Texas at Austin Department of Radio-Television-Film.
About the Principal:
Don Cox is a charter member of the Commercial Leasing Brokers Association, and the Austin office of International Tenant Representative Alliance (ITRA). Other positions include Board of Directors of the Paramount and State Theaters, Austin Theater Alliance, and the Austin Lyric Opera. He has also served as Vice-Chair of Economic Development for the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce.
Throughout his career, Don has won many accolades for his outstanding service to his clients. Two Transaction of the Year awards from Austin Business Journal, numerous ABJ Heavy Hitters rankings as well as CoStar Power Broker awards.
For more information, contact:
Don Cox Company
Phone: +1 (512) 478-1711